University of Iowa Children’s Hospital is dedicated to meeting the healthcare needs of children and their families. The hospital’s staff members provide care across a full spectrum — from health promotion and well child care to the crisis of traumatic injury and life-threatening illness, to birth defects, chronic illness, and developmental disabilities. UI Children’s Hospital was just ranked #20 nationally by Parents magazine on their best children’s hospital list. This nationally recognized pediatric center of excellence provides comprehensive health care for children from birth to young adulthood in their outpatient clinics, surgical treatment and diagnostic centers, and inpatient beds.
The hospital’s staff features more than 200 physicians and surgeons with special expertise and certification in the care of children. In addition, over 500 professional nurses with special education in pediatrics are part of the UI Children’s Hospital team. They are joined by child life therapists, pediatric pharmacists, respiratory therapists, nutritionists, and other pediatric professionals to assure comprehensive, “state of the science” care for children. Each year, UI Children’s Hospital records more than 160,000 clinic visits and some 4,500 inpatient admissions. In addition, numerous pediatric outreach and satellite clinics provide primary and specialty care for children in communities throughout Iowa. A 190-bed “hospital within a hospital,” UI Children’s Hospital benefits from the sophisticated services and comprehensive resources of UI Hospitals and Clinics. And as an academic teaching facility, University of Iowa Children’s Hospital prepares medical and health care leaders for the future. Get to know them as your resource and partner in caring for children. For more information please check out www.uihealthcare.com/children.
- 190-bed “hospital within a hospital” on the UI Health Care campus
- More than 40 pediatric specialties
- More than 200 pediatric physicians and surgeons
- More than 500 specially trained pediatric nurses
- Hundreds of child life therapists, pediatric pharmacists, respiratory therapists, nutritionists, and other pediatric professionals who are specially trained to bring “state of the science” care for children
- 160,000 clinic visits per year
- 4,500 inpatient admissions per year
- Last year, UI Children’s Hospital cared for 57,889 patients from every county in Iowa, nearly every state in the United States, and several other countries.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.